Monday, March 2, 2009

Skype


What a wonderful invention! Skype is software program that allows users to make telephone calls over the Internet and with web cams see live video of each other. Kyle and I had our first official Skype phone call last night. Because he is currently in the boonies, cell phone connections are poor at best and it can get a little frustrating when your call is dropped over and over. Yes, I know...this is only going to get worse.

During our skype call Kyle was able to give me a tour of his room. I have to say his previous assessment ' Its better than a prison cell but worse than a dorm,' was pretty right on. He also modeled his new body armour for me and impressed me with his newly learned Arabic. His new Arabic phrases include all the important ones: 'Stop' 'Drop your weapon' 'do you understand' 'turn around' 'lay on your stomach' and 'put your hands where I can see them'. He even showed me his newly issues M4, which is code for a really big gun. Above is a picture of Kyle and his M4 while training in Florida this January.

No comments:

Post a Comment