Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthdays

I am the older woman. It's true. Fourteen days older to be exact. And much wiser. We have celebrated our birthdays together for the last seven years and this will be our first apart. Sad.

Our first birthday together we hadn't been dating all that long. When I opened my gift from Kyle, I knew I had found a keeper! Two certificates to skydive together. It was perfect.

We decided it was best to skydive first and call our parents second, after we had landed safely. I remember calling my mom and telling her about the jump. She responded, "Ok, its done. You did it and never have to do it again, right?!" Well...I don't know. It was pretty awesome.

We jumped at East Troy. Kyle first, I insisted. And even though I leaped a few seconds after him, he claims he could hear my screaming the entire free fall.

I learned a lot that birthday, like proper form for jumping out of airplanes, but mostly I learned that I found someone who shared my sense of adventure, need to explore and desire to see the world.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you both!!! And I'm jealous about the skydiving. Can you imagine John and his screaming all the way down??! Imagine is all I can do, because I could never get him up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears!!!
    Love You both!
    momma chris

    ReplyDelete