Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hartman Household Board of Executives

Like all families, we have an equal share of chores and responsibilities between the three of us. Here was the Hartman Household Board of executives breakdown up until recently:

CEO (Chief Executive Officer): Kathy. As CEO I would make decisions about things we needed/wanted. For example, furniture for our home. I would present the item to the CFO for budgeting purposes. He would either approve the item, search for the item at a better price or decline the request until finances were made available.

CFO (Chief Financial Officer): Kyle. As CFO Kyle would pay bills and make sure the Hartman household was being 'fiscally responsible'. He researches all the best economic choices for us and is pretty darn good at it.

COO (Chief Operating Officer) : Simba. As COO Simba dictates when we come home, when we go for walks, how often we go for walks, whether we need a dog walker/dog sitter/or kennel reservation.

This worked for us. All parties were happy with and good at their tasks. Now with Kyle away from home, the dynamic has changed a bit.

Not to complain in any way but I am now the CEO, CFO, and CIO (Chief Information officer). This means that I have the same responsibilities as before as CEO but in addition I now pay the bills and have all the CFO responsibilities. As CIO, I am responsible for keeping family and friends in the know with happenings. Hence, the start of this blog:)

Kyle thinks that my new CFO responsibilities will help me be a better CEO in the future. I disagree. In fact, I would like to retire from my CFO position as soon as possible. Any takers? I don't like paying bills or watching bank accounts or disputing credit card charges. For all other non-CFOs out there - Life is expensive!

Simba continues to be a wonderful acting COO! And Kyle still adds his input for big Hartman household board items but mainly leaves them up to me. This is a bit scary. But I am trying hard to make all the best choices for our board.

Below are pictures from Kyle's send-off ceremony in Madison, WI. Governor Doyle spoke along with other Wisconsin dignitaries. Can you find Kyle among all the camouflage?

1 comment:

  1. See, Bethie and I rely on more of a sports team organization model. I am ownership, she is management, and TOTAL is the athlete.

    ReplyDelete