Friday, March 6, 2009

On being a Dog person


Upon returning home this week, first things first, I went to pick up Simba from the kennel. I feel so guilty when he has to go there. He's always so sad when we drop him off. Waiting for Simba to come out, I inevitably starting looking around the retail area of the facility. Dog winter coats 25% off! In Simba's size AND in green! How could I resist? Yes, I know that a more responsible CFO would have walked away but I'm new at this whole CFO thing and well, did I mention it was in green, Simba's signature color??? I could hear Kyle's voice in my head, "How many winter coats does a dog need?" I couldn't help it. I know its 60 degrees in Chicago and almost Spring but this is more of an investment really. Simba has many, many winters ahead of him and can never have too many outfits or accessories in my CEO mind!

Did I mention, I am a totally dog person?

Top three reasons I'm a dog person:
1. They are always happy to see you. No matter what mood you're in or what happened last time they saw you.
2. They never judge. Even if you decided to have a quart of ice cream for dinner in bed, they still think you're the best.
3. They have an unwavering loyalty about them.

Even though Simba can be "hard to love," at times (this is a whole other blog entry! Think Marley and Me times 10). The top three reasons I love him:
1. He's a sleeper. On weekends he will sleep until after ten, if I let him!
2. He's a cuddlier. He loves to lay on the couch with me or in bed.
3. He's great on car rides and loves to run errands with me. Oh! And he lets me dress him up:)

Below are pictures from Kyle's field medical training.



Kyle's bruised arm after his training partner, Corey, tried, unsuccessfully, four times to put an IV in. This picture doesn't do the bruise justice. Kyle bruises like a peach.


A picture of Corey, all wrapped up after Kyle learned the proper bandaging procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment