Monday, May 3, 2010

2 Pink Lines


It was Monday morning, Feb. 22. Kyle was leaving early that morning for California to take the CA BAR exam and wouldn't be home until Friday. I woke up early with him to see him off to the airport. Since I was up early I decided I would start my new post- winter workout routine. And on a whim...before I was about to head out to my workout class...maybe I would take a pregnancy test. There was no reason for me to take this test. I wasn't having any pregnancy symptoms of any kind and it was still too early for other signs to point me into believing I might be pregnant. But I took it anyway. Left the test on the counter, walked away, thinking there is no way this is going to be positive. Came back in a few minutes later when HOLY MOLY!!! Two bright pink lines!!! I immediately started crying - happy tears, shocked tears and excited tears. Then I pulled myself together and thought THIS MUST BE WRONG. Duh, faulty test or something. So I went to Walgreen's, bought 3 more test and when I had all 4 test lined up with all those pink lines...then I finally thought...WOAH...I'm pregnant.

5 comments:

  1. Mary Scheck GaffneyMay 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

    Kathy! So excited for you both. When are you due? What a great surprise, huh?! Can't wait to hear more, and I am very happy you decided to start the blog up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing how people found out! I took seven...Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the mom's club in this comment section (minus yours truly)! We just got book club going and haven't even had a meeting.

    Y'all will have to start an electronic mom's club so you can share tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary! Baby Hartman is scheduled to arrive on Nov. 4th:)

    Christine, 7!! I thought four tests was a lot!

    Beth, a virtue mom's club:) I like it!

    Thanks for reading ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um there needs to be a little "you made me cry" box....what a great way to document your feelings and experiences....you will love to go back and read this in a few years. i am sooo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete