Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Telling Kyle


I had always pictured the way I would tell Kyle he was going to be dad. It was well thought out with a great setting and I had all the perfect words and it would be movie perfect material. Well, maybe if there's a next baby because that is not how it happened this time.
He was already at the airport when I had all 4 positive pregnancy tests in front of me. I kept telling myself, I can wait until he gets home on Friday, I can wait, I can wait, I can wait! Well, I waited...about 45 minutes.
While Kyle was in Iraq he told me not to keep things from him. Good or bad news he wanted to know what was going on at home. Sometimes soldiers come home to learn something had happened months ago and no one told them because they didn't want to upset them or make them feel left out while away. I called Kyle at the airport and asked if this same rule applied while he was in CA before his HUGE exam. He immediately asked if I crashed the car. "No, I didn't crash the car!" He said that yes, the rule still applied. He wanted to know good or bad what was going on even if it might effect his thinking during his three day exam. After multiple, "Are you sures?" I blurted out, "I'm pregnant." We both sat on the phone for a few minutes in a state of pure shock. And then the excitement hit. WE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS:)
We can never forget the date, 2/22/10, that we found out...BECAUSE it was also the day our nephew, Jacob Paul entered the world!! It made the day even that much more special!

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you have all this made into a book for the baby to give to him/her when she/he is 16? 18? 21? it will be great to read. Especially the part about not believing the test! :) Glad you are back blogging!

    MJ Polark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, Mrs. Polark:) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete