Monday, May 17, 2010

Heartbeat


At our 12 week appointment we got to hear baby H's heartbeat. Kyle was slightly less nervous at this doctor visit. Just slightly.
When the technician said not to worry that it might take her a minute to find the baby we waited as she moved the instrument across my belly. It was odd but I just knew where Baby H was laying. Not that I've been able to feel her move just yet but my mommy instincts knew where she was. Baby H. was low and on the far right side. Hearing the heartbeat was incredible. Fast and rhythmic and beautiful. Baby's heartbeat was 150 beat per minute. Up until this point, I firmly believed that we were having a girl. Fetal heartbeats are usually anywhere between 120 and 190 beats per min. The slower heartbeats for the baby boys and the faster heartbeat for the baby girls. Of course 150 is right in the middle. But most of nephews were right around the 150 mark at 12 weeks and my one and only niece's was much faster. Baby boy or baby girl?! The mystery still continues! But its fun to guess in the meantime:)

2 comments: