Tuesday, January 12, 2010

All Smiles!





My Soldier returns safe and sound:) Kyle arrived into Camp Douglas yesterday after a long travel schedule. He left Iraq a few days earlier. Stopping in Kuwait and Ireland and Maine and then finally Wisconsin.

Arriving at Camp Douglas I apparently had a stamp on my forehand that said search me and my car (Kyle says it was probably the IL plates). No joke I got stopped at every possible check point on base. And all I wanted to do was get to Kyle. Finally getting to the air field just in time to watch flight Red Arrow 2 land. I felt a huge weight lift when I saw that plane. HUGE relief and feeling of euphoria.

Kyle of course was one of the last of the 500 soldiers off the plane...but finally he arrived to the officially family area. Where I gave him world's biggest hug:)

There was a welcome home ceremony with speeches from some of the head peeps. And then just as soon as we got to say hello we had to say goodbye...again...Kyle will be at Ft.McCoy debriefing for the next few days before I can pick him up and take him home.

Thank you for all the kind words and support! We both feel very loved and lucky to have our amazing family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are home Kyle!!! Can't wait to see you! And Kath, I couldn't see the shoes - but the coat and scarf are super cute!! ;)

    ReplyDelete