Monday, December 14, 2009

There is always a peeker!


Every family has one. The Christmas gift peeker! Growing up, it was my brother, Mike. We would double wrap and triple tape his gifts. He would sit under the tree feeling and shaking his presents trying to figure out what they were. Sometimes his gifts would mysteriously have a corner ripped off just enough to see what it was...hmm, wonder how that happened? Me, I'm the opposite. I don't even want hints. My mom, is not so good at this. I think it because she gets excited about what she is giving people. I would say 90% of the time, I have at least an idea about what she is giving me for Christmas. I'll be talking about something I want and she'll say, "well maybe there is already one under your tree." or "I think Santa has that covered." She even, more often than not, tries to get me to open presents early! Nope! I won't do it. Tradition in my family is one gift on Christmas eve and everything else on Christmas day. And I stick to this!

This year for Kyle's Christmas - Iraq style - I sent him a Christmas package. I asked his gift givers to send me his gifts unwrapped and early. I took a picture of these gifts and wrapped them to look like presents. This way he can open things on Christmas and have more to look forward to when he gets home. Along with these wrapped photos I sent his stocking filled from Santa. KYLE PEEKED! He tried rationalizing this to me. But there is no excuse. No presents, including stockings until Christmas! I totally busted him to. Causal asking if he liked what was in his stocking! This year Kyle is the Christmas gift peeker!

1 comment: