Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy December!!!


Kyle' Thanksgiving: Uncle Sam really does put in the college try. He had all the food staff wearing pilgrim hats at the dining hall where Kyle eats. They also had most of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes to eat. The 1st CAV Division Band was playing Christmas music- which was actually depressing. For some reason, they also had a12' tall 15' wide Styrofoam sculpture of the White House. Nothing says "Happy Thanksgiving!" like a huge fake White House!

Kathy's Thanksgiving: This year I hosted Thanksgiving at our home. Not being much of a chef, I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and was mostly successful. I learned alot from the experience and got to use lots of my fun kitchen stuff. My pretty pink mixer is not just for looks - it works great too! I only had one non-edible dish. The crab stuffed mushroom appetizer was not so good. It tasted like a salt cube. It was fun and I would host Thanksgiving again.

Happy December! Another month down for this deployment. Bring on Christmas, New Years, and 2010. I'm ready for Kyle to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment