Thursday, December 3, 2009

Marathon #4


Kyle completed the Seattle Marathon via their first Baghdad Shadow Run! His finish time was 4 hours and 11 minutes on a chilly and breezy race day. Impressive! This was Kyle's fourth marathon, and his first without me:( There are many things that STINK big time about this deployment but one of the biggest things for me, is this kind of stuff. Experiencing things apart that we would otherwise be doing together. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences again soon:)

Training was difficult for Kyle in the sandbox. With long work days and limited time and space to run and without me keeping him on a strict running schedule! Kyle reports only some soreness in his legs but other than that he feels pretty good. He's planning on running another half marathon this next Sunday. Crazy!

Congrats, Kyle!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Kyle!! I'm so impressed with you, and Kathy, for running so many marathons! But I also think you're nuts!! haha

    ReplyDelete