Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm such a baby!


Being the youngest in a family is AWESOME! I love it and wouldn't want it any other way. Fellow "youngest" you know what I'm talking about. Being the youngest, I never had someone that I watched grow up, or someone I was suppose to be a role model for.... until my baby niece came along (and all 6 of our nephews there after). I truly CAN NOT believe how quickly they are growing up! This past weekend, we celebrated Austin's 5th birthday! And this year my niece is going to be 13 - a teenager! Where did my baby niece and nephew go?

This is also true for my brother-in-law Kevin. Kyle is the third of four kids in his family. His younger brother, Kevin, turns 23 today! 23! What?! I met Kevin when he was 14 years old and at least 6 inches shorter. Back then when Kyle and Kevin would wrestle on the living room floor at their mom's house, Kyle still had a chance. Not so much anymore. In a wrestling match - my money would be on Kevin, sorry Kyle!

It sometimes surprises me when I see Kevin driving or ordering an alcoholic beverage and he can because he is of age! I love watching the relationship between Kyle and his younger brother Kevin. I total get the big brother relationship and think Kyle is such a good big brother. But I do feel like I can relate to Kevin when sometimes Kyle might not because of our "special" family pecking order. Happy Birthday, KEVIN!! Fellow baby of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment