Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not for Wimps


Being 40 weeks pregnant is not for wimps. And if I wanted to I could complain about all the aches and pains and discomforts of it but being a "Debbie Downer" is no fun for anyone. So I decided to only focus on the positive attributes of the situation. Here's what I came up with:
1. I still get priority seating on the CTA (thats right! Give me your seat well-bodied people!)

2. I am not at all embarrassed that the people at my ice cream establishment of choice know me by name and my preferred ice cream order when I walk in the door. What?! Its calcium for the baby!

3. I can still park in the "Expectant Mother" parking spaces at local participating establishments. Sweeet!

4. People are just plain nicer when you're pregnant. Strangers are friendly. They hold doors open for you and help you carry stuff. They ask how you're doing and seem authentically interested in hearing your response.

5. The fact that my body can carry and nourish a whole other person. That's pretty awesome. Show me one man that can do that?!

6. If there's just one cookie left and there are two people, one of whom is pregnant, the pregnant one always wins. It's one of the laws of pregnancy. The same thing holds true for Halloween candy leftovers - the last Reese's Peanut Butter Cup totally mine.

7. And finally, Kyle, who always takes extra good care of me, has really stepped up his game for his pregnant wife. A girl could get use to all the extra TLC.

With that all being said I have one wish for all pregnant ladies out there present and in the future. I hope for your sake your babies are healthy full term babies that come early!

No comments:

Post a Comment