Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Play Virtual Scrabble



Kathy:
Being in a marriage that is temporarily separated by miles can be difficult but its all about staying connected (and good communication and trust and ok well, I guess its about a lot of things...). Kyle and I have found, and continue to discover more and more ways to do just that. At the risk of again putting out there just how nerdy we can be...Our virtual scrabble game. I have the board here at home. I take a picture of the board and his letters and the game all takes place over email. It's just like when we play at home, except at a much much slower pace. This current game has been going on a few weeks now!

Kyle:
I would add that it's also about compromise, doing things you normally wouldn't do, or don't enjoy to make the other person happy. Case in point, I don't even like scrabble. I'm not a strong speller, and the game requires abstract thinking skills that aren't my strong suit either. On top of that, guys in my section give me grief about it when I work on it during the day. Nevertheless, I play, and I enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. So Kyle, what you are saying is that when Kathy wins, you will be ok with that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kyle is getting help from some of the other guys...he's currently winning. He must be cheating. If only I could figure out how.

    ReplyDelete