Monday, June 29, 2009

Kyle and Kathy Listen to Eric and Kathy


Mornings in the Hartman household were something like this:

Kyle, requiring far less sleep than I do, would wake up first. He would turn on our morning radio show (a way to ease me out of bed), take Simba for his first walk of the day, feed Simba and start the morning coffee. By this time I am awake. We, like many locals, listen to the Eric and Kathy morning show over breakfast, and while getting ready for the day. Kyle would even occasionally listen to some of the show in his office. Many conversation would spring from this morning show, "Did you hear the segment on...? or about the...?"

Mornings are slightly different around here. Simba and I still listen to the morning show and I am now responsible for his first morning walk and most days I even remember to feed him breakfast. The coffee just isn't the same so I have made the switch to tea.

I admit the conversations about the morning show just weren't as fun when Kyle didn't hear any of it. So what did Kyle do? He brought some normalcy back to my mornings. He discovered a way to listen to the morning show over the Internet. He can't listen everyday and doesn't listen to the whole show but does catch some of it. Its more of a mid-afternoon show for him with the time change.

It's just another way we can keep some normalcy in our lives. But mostly I'm ready for us to be listening to the show from the same radio, in the same city, under the same roof. And Simba, well...he is just ready for an adult that can consistently remember to feed him breakfast.

Listening to the show in the picture above with one earphone in:) Not sure what the face is all about?

1 comment:

  1. I can appreciate listening to it in the afternoon. That pervert Eric goes a little too "blue" for a morning show, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete