Saturday, April 4, 2009

Birthdays (part 2)

Lists. I make them constantly. Lists for grocery shopping, gift ideas for Birthdays/Christmas, things for our home...they are everywhere. In my purse, on the fridge, on post-its throughout our home. Lists, lists, lists.

Its Kyle's Birthday weekend. And I wish he was here, to celebrate with, to watch him open the surprises wrapped and bowed for him...This year's birthday was a little tricky. What is on a soldier's Birthday list? What could I get Kyle that would be needed and wanted for his mobilization? It was a struggle but I felt happy with the gift list I assembled, and hopefully he will too:)

I've come to learn that the really important lists, are not the ones with things on them. They are the lists of actions that lift Kyle's spirits, the ones that make him laugh and smile and using this list as often as possible. The lists of actions that makes him upset or angry and avoiding these. The ones that make him crazy and using these at just the right moments. These lists are the only ones I really need to know.

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment