Thursday, October 8, 2009

Simba's Adoption Day


I started campaigning for a dog in 2004. I knew for me, someone that isn't much for having my sleep disrupted, that I needed Kyle behind me for this decision. Seeing as though he would be responsible for those early morning walks! So in the fall of 2005, we had a weekend with absolutely nothing planned. When I realized this, I announced, after almost a year on the campaign trail that, TODAY IS DOG DAY! 1 Breeder, 2 Pet Stores and 4 humane society's later, we found him, OUR DOG!

Simba was officially adopted into our family on Oct. 16, 2005 (because we don't know his actually birthday we celebrate this day instead). We recently learned that Kyle's leave was pushed back 8 days. Ugh. This means Kyle won't be home for Simba's day. Its ok though. Seeing as though he will only be turning 6, we decided that he's not old enough to know and we will just have to celebrate a few days later:) As Kyle and I discussed Simba's birthday this year, you know the usually; What was on his birthday list this year, what the plan was for his party, ect. Ok, I'm exaggerating a little, we're aren't that crazy. Kyle said in a very somber voice, "Do you think Simba will remember me?" OF COURSE HE WILL. How could he forget?! What Simba really won't understand is why Kyle will be sleeping on his side of the bed!

Kyle will be home for his leave in less than two weeks! Approximately Oct. 20:) Woo hoo! Invitations to Simba's birthday party to follow...jk:)

No comments:

Post a Comment