Thursday, February 10, 2011

Step Up For Kids


Step up for Kids is a fund raising event for the Children's Memorial hospital of Chicago. Its an 80 floor climb up Chicago's 2nd tallest building, the AON building. We've been participating in this event for the last 5 years but this year we added a twist. My brother James carried his 11 month old and I carried an almost 3 month old Henry in baby bjorns. My sister in law, July and friend Petra climbed with me, just in case I was unable to make it with Henry on my own. Thanks ladies! My niece, Jill had the fastest finishing time for our team! Way to go Jill! Henry and I finished in 32mins 9 seconds! Not too bad considering my last climb, without the extra baby weight was 29mins 31 seconds. Henry slept for 78 of the 80 floors and woke just in time for the finish line and top floor view!

No comments:

Post a Comment