Monday, September 20, 2010

Happiest baby on the block


As soon as Kyle and I announced the coming of Baby Hartman, there was a flood of book suggestions and baby classes to take from other parents. All very welcome advice - we need all the help we can get! So if you have any additional tips please feel free to share!
One of the suggestions we kept hearing over and over was this Dr. Karp's book/video "Happiest Baby on the Block". My brother James and sister in law, July, along with friends Lindsay and Jake, swear by this method.
Around 8 months into pregnancy I started to panic that I was well read in pregnancy and all the labor and delivery stuff but what about when the baby comes?! So Kyle and I finally got around to watching this "Happiest Baby on the Block". Seems simple enough - the 5 S's to soothing a baby. The video is a little cheesy but certainly this method seems to work. So to all you soon to be parents out there - check it out!
Now if Baby H could just wait a few more weeks, I still need to finish reading, "Baby 411" and "What to Expect the First Year". Then I will officially be ready for his or her arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment