Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Gavin!

If I can't be with Kyle, then here with my family celebrating my nephew's birthday is exactly where I want to be.
I went walking the other morning along the water. I walked for miles just taking in the sites when I realized that I couldn't see a building or a person in either directions for miles. I smiled and thought, "Wow, beautiful." I continued on my walk for another 10 mins when panic hit and I realized, "Oh my God! I can't see anyone for miles!" This is when I turned back and my pace quicken until I felt like I was within yelling distance of others.

Below are some pictures of the beginning of Kyle's mobilization. A United 747 airplane was chartered to take them down to Texas. Kyle was happy to get a seat towards the pointy end of the plane:) He describes his current accommodation as better than a prison cell but worse than a dorm.

1 comment:

  1. For the record: First class was occupied by senior staff as well as all the Joes that were on baggage detail. Besides, I had to sit there to give a class on how seat worked, I had the experience. The flight was great- I think the crew was taken aback at the number of passengers using chewing tobacco during the flight- in all cabins.

    ReplyDelete