Monday, August 17, 2009

The Shack


Kyle and I like to read very different kinds of books. I am more of a Nicholas Sparks, romantic novel, type reader and he is more of a heavy, non-fictional, nerdy, historical type reader. Needless to say we rarely share books.

It can be difficult when Kyle and I are living two very different day to day lives and experience very different things. I thought if Kyle and I were reading the same book at the same time it would be something (as small as it is) that we could share even with 6,375 miles between us (Yes, I looked up that little factoid).

The challenge was finding a book that we would both would like. I sent out an email to the family and The Shack seemed to overlap on several suggestion lists. A quick trip to the book store and then to the post office and off to reading.

The book was GREAT, I highly recommend it. Our experiment worked too. I sent Kyle an email asking what he thought of the book and if he was writing anything down as he was reading. His response:

"I finished the Shack. I didn't take any notes. I didn't know there was going to be a quiz later, but I did dog-ear some pages in case you tried to make me talk about my feelings."

No comments:

Post a Comment